the iMPish [Thing]?!"
Let's start with a couple definitions, shall we?
[before a consonant thuh; before a vowel thee]
1. used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an: the book you gave me; Come into the house.
2. used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique: the sun; the past; the West.
3. used with or as part of a title: the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
4. used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.: the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
5. used to mark a noun as being used generically: The dog is a quadruped.
6. used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging: He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
7. used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea: to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
8. used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect: He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
9. used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century: the sixties; the nineties.
10. one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one: Did you listen to the radio last night?
11. enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
12. used distributively, to note any one separately; for, to, or in each; a or an: at one dollar the pound.
1. a little devil or demon; an evil spirit.
2. a mischievous child.
1. a suffix used to form adjectives from nouns, with the sense of �belonging to� ( British; Danish; English; Spanish ); �after the manner of,� �having the characteristics of,� �like� ( babyish; girlish; mulish ); �addicted to,� �inclined or tending to� ( bookish; freakish ); �near or about� ( fiftyish; sevenish ).
2. a suffix used to form adjectives from other adjectives, with the sense of �somewhat,� �rather� ( oldish; reddish; sweetish ).
1. a material object without life or consciousness; an inanimate object.
2. some entity, object, or creature that is not or cannot be specifically designated or precisely described: The stick had a brass thing on it.
3. anything that is or may become an object of thought: things of the spirit.
4. things, matters; affairs: Things are going well now.
5. a fact, circumstance, or state of affairs: It is a curious thing.
6. an action, deed, event, or performance: to do great things; His death was a horrible thing.
7. a particular, respect, or detail: perfect in all things.
8. aim; objective: The thing is to reach this line with the ball.
9. an article of clothing: I don't have a thing to wear.
a. implements, utensils, or other articles for service: I'll wash the breakfast things.
b. personal possessions or belongings: Pack your things and go!
11. a task; chore: I've got a lot of things to do today.
12. a living being or creature: His baby's a cute little thing.
13. a thought or statement: I have just one thing to say to you.
14. Informal . a peculiar attitude or feeling, either positive or negative, toward something; mental quirk: She has a thing about cats.
15. something signified or represented, as distinguished from a word, symbol, or idea representing it.
16. Law . anything that may be the subject of a property right.
18. the thing,
a. something that is correct or fashionable: That caf� is the thing now.
b. that which is expedient or necessary: The thing to do is to tell them the truth.
19. do/find one's own thing, Informal . to pursue a lifestyle that expresses one's self.
20. make a good thing of, Informal . to turn (a situation, experience, etc.) to one's own profit; benefit by: She made a good thing of her spare-time hobbies.
21. not to get a thing out of,
a. to be unable to obtain information or news from: The police couldn't get a thing out of him.
b. to fail to appreciate, understand, or derive aesthetic pleasure from: My wife likes opera, but I don't get a thing out of it.
22. see/hear things, Informal . to have hallucinations.
1.maliciously or playfully annoying.
2.causing annoyance, harm, or trouble.
3.roguishly or slyly teasing, as a glance.
4.harmful or injurious.
Yeah, I still don't know..
Many things, I suppose. But I'll give you the points:
the - There is but only one of me and this is mine.
impish - Mischievously playful child, at heart and in mind..
thing - All that you may see here, on the site, or elsewhere..
My "blog," if you will.
My own little resource guide, of sorts.
Anything and everything my mind may play with ..
As for the presentation!: ..
The sideways and sometimes absent "the" - It does signify that there is only one me, as mentioned right above, but it's not always necessary therefore it's not always present when iMPish [Thing] is used as a username.
Lowercase "i" - No, it has nothing to do with Apple products nor is it to be said by itself as such. The lowercasing is simply because I thought it looked cute back when I came up with it.. my Freshman year in High school which was.. more than ten years ago. It doesn't actually stand for anything except maybe an insignificance to the capital "M" and "P" because it could very well stand for anything..
Capital "M" and "P" - Didn't always but at some point I decided the "M" and "P" stood for the "mind play" that is the iMPish [Thing]. Although, the "-ish [Thing]" wasn't always part of it; there was a time when i[T] was simply "The iMP" but that was short-lived and wasn't the start, either.
"Thing" in brackets "" - As you probably see by the definition above, "thing" could very well mean anything and that is exactly the point. The mind is an awesome thing. There's so much one can ..
I don't even know. There is just so much this world has to offer, it's best to Live with an open mind and play with it as much as you can. ;)
And here you have the iMPish [Thing], a mind at play..
If it would help,
Here are the lyrics to